You will need
bunch of spinach
2 large onions
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of tumeric
dash oc cinnamon
dash of cayene pepper
1 cup of yoghurt
3cups of water
chopped coriander leaves and/or sesame seeds to garnish
- Wash and destalk the spinach, chop roughly. Slice the potatoes.
- Roughly chop the onion and garlic and gently fry in olive oil with a sprinkling of salt. Add the cumin and turmeric & cook a little longer.
- Add the water and potatoes to the pot. Bring to the boil and simmer until potatoes are done.
- Add the spinach and cook briefly until spinach has wilted. (Don't overcook or you will loose the lovely green colour, not to mention all the vitamins).
- Add yogurt, dash of cayenne and/or black pepper. Blend with bamix or food processor.
- Taste for seasoning, add salt and/or pepper if necessary.
- Serve and garnish.