I started making this dip when we had lots and lots carrots in the vegie box. I think it's pretty nice with pide and olives. Others in the family are less enthusiastic.
You will need
2 or 3 large carrots grated (depending on the size of your fry pan)
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons of ground coriander
2 or 3 large cloves of garlic, crushed or finely chopped.
1/2 cup thick European style yoghurt, although it works fine with normal plain yoghurt
olive oil to thinly coat the pan
- Gently cook the grated carrot in the fry pan on a low to medium heat with the olive oil and a pinch of salt until the carrots wilt and change colour.
- Add the garlic, cumin and coriander and cook for a little longer.
- Allow to cool (or the yoghurt will curdle in the next step).
- Add the yoghurt and some black pepper.
- Blend the cooled mixture with a blender or bamix.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two before eating to let the flavours develop.