I remember this slice from my childhood. My mum never made it, but some of her country cousins did. It is very crunchy and contains weetbix, which as a cereal with milk, makes me gag, but as a slice ingredient is quite tasty. I found the recipe in my nans old recipe book. It's very easy.
You will need
1 cup SR flour
1 cup dessicatedcoconut
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup crushed weetbix
120 g butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup
3 tablespoons cocoa
icing sugar, cocoa & coconut to ice
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Melt butter and golden syrup together.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together. It will be a bit crumbly. Combine with hands if neccessary.
- Press into a slice tin and bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes.
- Make a thin chocolate icing and spread over slice. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Set in fridge. Remove from tin and cut into squares.